Server Virtualisation is the technology where multiple server operating systems can operate on one or more physical servers. That means you can have access to more servers than you have physical servers.
Why would you want to do this?
- Improve utilisation of hardware resources by reducing the number of physical servers
- Save cost of capital expenditure
- save running cost
- Decrease Total Cost of Ownership
- Save Energy
- become hardware independant
- Provision servers faster
- move functionality from one server to another
- Improve uptime of servers and provide high availability
- Improve Disaster Recover
- Setup R&D Servers and virtual labs for testing applications before putting into production
- Continue running legacy applications
Interested and need more information? Call us to chat about how virtualisation can help your business.